Tuesday, January 16, 2007

d-d-dance and go crazy



This Saturday was the most fun I've had in quite awhile.
However, it did not start out so fun. I walked up to the bus stop, not the bar, but the actual bus stop. Which, I might add, is up an atrocious hill that is especially nasty when it is covered in slippery ice. I waited for the bus for what seemed like an eternity. In all honesty, I beleive I waited all of 5 minutes. The snow and ice as of late apparently make 5 minutes seem like an eternity. I was happy that I caught a 44 that becomes a 43. yay me! Unfortunately, I lost a glove on the bus. I feel a little bad since I borrowed the pair of gloves from the Hilltop Yarn lost and found. I don't normally dip into the box, but my hands were derned cold that day!
Anyway, I digress. I got off the bus full of hunger. I marched over to Hot Mama'a Pizza and got the most disgusting slice of pizza I have ever eaten there. Incidentally, it was still pretty decent. Then, I hopped over to the The Bus Stop to meet up with Jeffy Cakes. We had a couple drinks to kill some time and some liver cells. We then proceeded to the LoFi for some good old-fashioned soul dancing.
It was such a blast. I was high intensity booty shaking for about two solid hours. I was like Tina Turner at the climax of Proud Mary for those hours. I danced my ass off! Though, not literally--unfortunately.
The night ended with me and my lover reuniting over nachos and a long anticipated cab ride home. The next day I was sore all over and it was so worth it!

A BIG thank you to Jeffy Cakes for taking me out on the evening that will go down as one of my funnest nights ever! and to anyone who says they don't want to go dance with The Shanny Pants, I say think again, my friend. For a blast and a half is to be had whenever and wherever I step onto the dance floor.
ciao