Thursday, June 26, 2008

spic n' span



After the whirlwind that was the end of the quarter/ beginning of the month for me, there were many things left to be tidied. I have occupied a sufficient amount of time with couch sitting and channel surfing. My cousin will be in town this weekend for a wedding, so I decided that today was probably a pretty good day to pick up around the house. (I have a bag of charcoal sitting next to my bed. that seems a little ridiculous to me.)

Anyway, my first order of business was to tackle the shoe closet. No, it is not a closet comprised solely of shoes. No pun intended. Yes, it is a closet comprised mostly of shoes. I got a new shoe rack to accommodate my shoe overflow issues. Note that I did not scale back on shoes nor did I stop purchasing them. The shoe rack has been sitting in the hallway waiting to be put in its new home. I put it in the closet, put the mess of shoes onto it, and now the closet is way less of a scary shoe monster.
However, while I was cleaning I picked up a bead and began to think to myself, "gee wiz, that sure is a funny place to find a bead." Then after closer inspection my thoughts quickly switched to, "What the F#@%? Why the hell is there a tooth in my closet?!?" Who's tooth is it and how did it get there?

Truth be told, it could be one of mine. I have a collection of most of the teeth I've had ripped out of my face in my lifetime. I keep saying that one day I'll make jewelry out of them. Incidentally, it's been awhile since I've seen that little tin o' teeth. Hopefully, the cats haven't opened it and swallowed any. That would make me sad a little.